Elephant Talk #1111 (as text)

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:47:15 -0500
From: "Jordan Clifford" <GrooveHolmes394 at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Re: TPTB better than Discipline??

>>PPS. How would you fill in the end of this sentence: The Power to Believe is my favorite KC album since.....?
>I've heard several answers. I'm trying to make up my mind if my own answer would be Discipline or Red.

To say that suggests that you might like TPTB more than Discipline. OUCH. I like both albums a lot, but Discipline changed me from the moment I put it on. Other than it being the first KC album I played after picking based on cover art from my friends collection of every KC album, from the first note of Elephant Talk I knew I'd just set out to journey through the overwhelming catalog of KC material (not knowing how different it all was).

I dunno.. I realllllly dig TPTB, but I've always put Discipline in my top 3 KC albums of all time.

and Red has Starless on it.. and RED! and Fallen Angel (forget about the lyrics.. it pains me.. 'better get back to the car' no no no), and Providence. Unrelated topic and maybe its a whole different email but while I'm thinking about the great songs on Red I'd like someone to explain how out of all their songs anyone thinks One More Red Nightmare is a good song? maybe without the lyrics... I really like the part when the lyrics end. but then they come back in and i wanna turn it off. anywho..

Obviously everyone has there own opinion, It's just interesting to know that peoplel ike the new album that much. its actually pretty great to know that.

I really have no point.. just swept up in this new round of intelligent conversation about KC. its great!